ASEND has been working closely with the Ofsted rated Outstanding Woodside High School since 2012. Our work for them has included:
- Training for Teaching Assistants:
Focused TA training on a range of SEND topics, from two-hour twilights to whole day accredited courses. These very practical courses included Dyslexia, Autism, Speech Language and Communication Needs and good practice for TAs in the classroom. Our specialist Advisors have delivered bespoke on-site and off-site training entirely designed around the needs of the students and staff at Woodside.
“Very pleased. Excellent style and pace of delivery of key information”
- Audit of SEND and Pastoral Care provision with improvement actions
“Very satisfying, was useful to have an external vision’” (Elma McElligott, Co-Headteacher)
- Consultancy on SEND issues with Senior Leadership Team
- In-depth assessments of individual pupils by Educational Psychologists, Dyslexia Assessors and Occupational Therapist
These are fantastic reports – extremely thorough. Thank you!
(Gerry Robinson, Co-Headteacher)
- Provision of an Interim SENCo
- Mentoring of new SENCo